Medicare Open Enrollment happens every year from October 15th through December 7th. As a Medicare beneficiary, this could be your only chance to enroll in new health coverage for the following year, so it’s important to plan ahead.
Here are three things you can do each year before Open Enrollment starts to make sure you’re prepared.
1. Make a list of what matters most.
Here are some things to consider:
- Low monthly out-of-pocket costs
- Prescription drug coverage
- A network that includes your doctor or specialist
2. Evaluate your current coverage.
Some important questions to ask yourself are:
- Am I happy with my current plan?
- Are my prescription drugs covered?
- Does my plan include additional benefits, like a gym membership?
3. Schedule a Medicare appointment.
A licensed sales agent can help you:
- Evaluate your current plan
- Determine if you should enroll in a new plan during Open Enrollment
- Answer your Medicare questions
Click here to schedule your free Medicare appointment with a licensed sales agent. They can help you during Open Enrollment and throughout the rest of the year, too.