Spring is the best time to get your mood right! The cold weather is coming to an end and the days are filling with sunlight. If you’re battling the winter blues or just stuck in a rut, try one of these mood-boosting activities. They’ll not only give you an instant pick-me-up, but they are easy and free!
- Do a good deed. Volunteer at a community event or donate some clothes. You’ll be surprised how good you’ll feel after helping others.
- Look at old photos. Pull out your favorite photos of your children or a memorable vacation. This will instantly put a smile on your face.
- Track the good stuff. Every night, write down three things that went well for you that day—no matter how small. You’ll go to bed with a positive mindset and wake up in a better mood.
- Get some sun. Just one hour of sunlight (or even bright indoor light) is shown to improve one’s mood. Head outside and soak up the warmth on your skin and the breeze in your hair.
- Pick up an old hobby. Plant something new in your garden or paint over an old canvas. Calming hobbies not only relax you but brighten your mood too.
- Listen to your favorite songs. Blast music through your house and sing along at the top of your lungs. Music heightens positive emotions, making the body feel good and relaxed.
- Move around. Exercising is a great way to work off negative energy and take back control of your thoughts.
- Spend time with loved ones. Nothing fixes a bad day like spending quality time with someone. Try to meet up with a friend or family member at least once a week.
- Indulge in a treat. Whether it’s a piece of chocolate or a new outfit, you need to do nice things for yourself on a regular basis.
- Cuddle up. Snuggle up with a spouse or get a big hug from a friend. Physical touch can decrease stress and make you feel happier.
CareZone Tip: Taking daily vitamins and supplements can improve your overall health and boost your mood. Visit the Drugstore in the CareZone app to get a FREE MONTH of vitamins.