Stress. We’ve all got it, but it’s important to deal with it in healthy ways or else it can have negative impacts on your brain, your body, and your friends and family.
Here are 6 things you can do regularly to help reduce your stress.
- Take time out for yourself. Step away from whatever it is that’s causing your stress and clear your head. Try exercising, taking a walk, listening to music or getting a massage.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine intake. We’d like to think a glass of wine or a beer can cure stress, but caffeine and alcohol can actually make it worse.
- Write it out. By keeping track of what causes you stress, you’ll not only be able to identify patterns, but you may find some relief in getting it off your mind and onto paper.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep allows our brains to recharge and our bodies to rest, which can help us deal with stress. Make sleep a priority, particularly if you’re stressed.
- Just breathe. Starting the day of with breathing exercises can put you in a positive mindset and help you keep calm when dealing with the stress of the day.
- Engage in physical activity. Being physically active will reduce your stress levels and help you better manage emotional stress. Take a walk with a friend or hit the trail with your furry friend.
If you feel like you need help dealing with your stress, please talk to your doctor. For more tips on stress management, check out the Anxiety and Depression Association of America website.
CareZone Tip: Start tracking your mood using the Tracker feature in your CareZone app to see if the above tips help you relieve some of your stress! Click here to learn more about Trackers.