Eating healthy can be a challenge! Most recipes are usually too time consuming or require a ton of ingredients that cost a fortune to buy. The two dinner recipes below are not only low in calories, but they are also budget friendly and easy to make.
Turkey & Balsamic Onion Quesadillas (serves 4)
You only need 5 ingredients for this super quick and delicious recipe! The balsamic onion adds a unique flavor to the standard cheese quesadilla. The best part is that it’s only 333 calories per serving!
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli turkey (can substitute chicken)
- Combine onion and vinegar in a bowl; let marinate for 5 minutes and drain.
- Warm 1 tortilla in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 45 seconds, then flip. On one half of the tortilla, sprinkle ¼ of the cheese, cover with 2 slices of turkey and top with ¼ of the onion. Fold the tortilla in half, flatten gently with a spatula and cook until the cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Repeat with remaining 3 tortillas.
Click here for the full recipe, including the nutrition facts.
Low-Fat Turkey Meatloaf (serves 10)
Serve this flavorful meatloaf with a side of your favorite vegetables and you’ve got a healthy dinner that everyone will love! It’s low-fat and only 112 calories per serving.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well with hands until blended. Place mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
For the full recipe, including reviews and nutrition info, click here.
Want more recipes? Check out our diabetic-friendly meals post!